North Harbour is one of the sought after neighborhoods in Noblesville, IN. Homes were built in the 70’s and the neighborhood continues to thrive and keep getting better with time with mature trees, Morse Reservoir, Harbour Trees Golf & Beach Clubs!
North Harbour offers a variety of homes to suit any lifestyle. Homes on the lake, homes on the golf course, traditional style homes in an established neighborhood with mature trees. North Harbour offers a very nice common area lake access area, playground, basketball courts, park pavilion, & music in the park for all residents to enjoy in the summer. Residents are very active and enjoy running, walking , biking through the streets of beautiful homes & beautiful views year round.
Harbour Trees Golf Club has extended to include the Harbour Trees Beach Club which offers members a pool, hot tub, fitness facility and dining. Please visit this link for more info on becoming a member and all services available.
HISTORY OF MORSE RESERVOIR
Morse Reservoir was constructed in 1956 as the 3rd reservoir of water for the city of Indianapolis. The other two lakes are Geist and Eagle Creek. Morse offers deep water and does not have restrictions on boating, public is welcome. Driving time from the north side of Indianapolis is about 20 minutes and to downtown Indy about 45 minutes. Drive times keep improving with the latest improvements of US 31 which improved drive time this year. Residents have been very happy with the ever improving commute to Noblesville which keeps our homes on top of the buyer watch.
Morse Lake is located in northern Hamilton County, Indiana, 20-25 miles north of downtown Indianapolis. The town of Cicero sits on it’s northern shore. It’s southern boundaries are ‘Harbors’ of the city of Noblesville. Morse lake is formed by Big Cicero and Little Cicero Creeks.
Morse has 1500 acres of water, 35 miles of shoreline and is 7 miles of navigable water from Little Chicago road in Noblesville to the bridge at state road 19 in Cicero. Homes occupy 95% of the shoreline of the lake.
portions of the following excerpted from Wikipedia.com:
HISTORY OF NOBLESVILLE
Noblesville is a city in and the county seat of Hamilton County, Indiana, United States, located just north of Indianapolis in what is considered to be one of the fastest growing areas of the Midwest. The population was 28,590 at the 2000 census. The city is part of Delaware, Fall Creek, Noblesville, and Wayne townships.
Noblesville’s history dates back to 1818 when the land, which is now Hamilton County, was purchased by the government from Indians native to this area. William Conner, the only settler living in the area at the time, and his wife, a Delaware Indian, established the first trading post in central Indiana in 1802 and lived in the first log cabin in the area. William Conner and Josiah Polk laid out what is now downtown Noblesville in 1823, which was designated as the Hamilton County seat in 1824 and incorporated in 1851. Conner’s 1823 home is now one of a village of historic buildings making up Conner Prairie Pioneer Settlement, a living history museum south of Noblesville in Fishers.
Noblesville was named either for James Noble, a state senator, or according to legend, for Lavinia Noble of Indianapolis, to whom Josiah was engaged. The Peru and Indianapolis Railroad was completed through town in 1851, strengthening the town economically and causing the population to increase.
The city’s first large growth boom came in 1888 with the discovery of Noblesville’s first natural gas well near 11th and Pleasant streets. Many Victorian homes, as well as the vast majority of the Downtown Commercial District, were built during this time of prosperity.
The centerpiece of downtownNoblesville is the Courthouse Square, the location of the Hamilton County Courthouse (completed in 1879) and the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Residence and Jail (constructed in 1876). Both buildings are fabulous examples of the Second Empire style featuring mansard roofs.